Andrea Kooiman Co-Founder | Executive Director | Assistant Coach
Andrea Kooiman “Coach K” is also the main program director and oversees the training calendar. Within the program she is head coach and works with the kids to instill valuable lessons about goal setting along with keeping them focused on a Marathon finish line. She is an avid runner with over 150 Marathon and Ultra finishes under her belt.
- Some of her running accomplishments include:
- Boston Marathon
- Grand Slam of Ultrarunning 2016 (this is the 4 oldest trail hundreds conquered in one summer) Badwater 135 Ultra Marathon – Three times
- Western States Endurance Run – Twice
- HURT 100 in Hawaii
- Mt. Gaoligong 100 in China
- UTMB in the French, Italian and Swiss Alps
- Vol State 500K – Taking 3rd place overall
She considers some of her greatest running accomplishments watching as the kids cross the marathon finish line year after year.
Andrea has made her passion her career and is fortunate enough to utilize her sales and marketing skills while working for Runner Sports. In addition, she has a passion for the health and wellness industry and continues to work as a race announcer all over California. It is her solid belief that everyone can and will achieve all of their wildest goals and aspirations if they can first visualize themselves in that position. She is on a mission to HUG the world and assist others in becoming their own Superheroes.